Cost of beer shipping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

g_rath

Reaction score
I have found lot of “how to ship beer” but I couldn’t find any cost of shipping beer info. I know about packing, legality, etc, but I couldn’t find anyone saying how much it cost them to ship there beer. I know its different place to place so maybe if anyone remembers how much there box they sent in weighed that would help a lot too. (I really need to get that kitchen scale.) Thanks for any info.

15x 12oz bottles and a bottle of wine - 26 lbs, St. Louis MO to Charlottesville VA via Fed-Ex residential ground - $19

Nothing broken, and the surprised voice-mail I got from my buddy out there was priceless. :D

The other thing to keep in mind is that shipping one bottle or six, the price doesn't go up six times. It's not that much different.

When I was weighing beer to get an idea of what it was going to cost to ship I recall that 3 12oz bottles full weighed 4lbs.

I've always found fedex ends up being a bit cheaper than UPS

Thanks for all the input. I’m trying to send my dad a 6 pack of my dealcoholized oatmeal stout and I wanted to get an idea of how much it would cost me.

Back