corny to corny

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcryan

Reaction score
whats gonna happen if i transfer an already carbed beer in a corny to another corny using the jumper technique?? will i lose alot of carbonation?

In my experience, starting and ending pressure don't really matter, it's the difference between the two that needs to be low.
Hopefully both kegs and lines are cold, as well.
I transfer at 10psi, making sure the receiving keg is at 10psi, and putting my spunding valve on at 9psi or so.
Transfer is fairly quick, very little foam, no noticeable loss in CO2.

The pressure differential is what will move the beer. A low pressure will keep things neat and less splashy. Pressure keg 2 once you're done and I would anticipate very little loss of pressure.

Try to keep it cold, too.

B

i have a brand new shiny corny keg full of beer. giving my buddy some beer. don't wanna give hime my new keg cause i know how it will come back!!! he lives couple hundred miles away so i might not see the keg for a few months. thanks for advice guys

Back