"Corngate"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The really dumb thing about this (but I mean, it's all dumb) is that by the time you're drinking it, the corn syrup is long gone. The reason people are afraid of HFCS (not regular corn syrup, as the lawsuit points out) is that it increases your risk of diabetes, obesity, and inflammation. But in beer, it just ends up being ethanol; doesn't matter what it started as.

Anyway, I'm happy to let them fight.

I had a bud light a couple of weeks ago (in somebody's motor home at the St Pete Grand Prix). It got warm while I was sitting outside and it tasted awful. If I had me some HFCS, I would have poured a little in there. I was sitting on the roof of the motor home, none available :)

I had a bud light a couple of weeks ago (in somebody's motor home at the St Pete Grand Prix). It got warm while I was sitting outside and it tasted awful. If I had me some HFCS, I would have poured a little in there. I was sitting on the roof of the motor home, none available :)

I'm so sorry you had to suffer through that!

I think its all amusing because I doubt it changes even a tiny percent of most BMC drinkers' minds. I also find the direct correlation between excessive ignorance and excessive passion humorous and especially enjoy hearing it first hand.

Latest posts

Back