Coors light!! There is a time to drink it!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umopepisdn

Reaction score
Well, sort of drink. My buddy got out of surgery for cancer in his tongue, they sliced a chunk of it out, and grafted a piece of his arm on his tongue. Since his tongue needed time to heal and also due to threat of his tongue swelling up (which it did) he has been eating through a tube through his nose. Well, another one of my friends was here a few days ago and left some of his coors light in my fridge (where it is safer from consumption than a 1 lb. of bacon in a synagogue). Well, my buddy wanted a beer since it had been two months, but did not want to waste one of my good beers.

So yes, I just watched someone drink a coors light through his nose. After drinking it, his comment was "Even when you can't taste it it is still ****". But now, whenever someone says there is no time to drink that crappy beer, I have a story to counter them with.

Sorry to hear about your friend..........(Drinking?), Coors Light.....and about his ailment too.

I really don't understand the desire to drink something that you don't enjoy. If you're that hard up for an alcohol buzz, drink liquor.

OP - most importantly, I hope your friend has a speedy and complete recovery. The Big C is nothing to sneeze at.

umopepisdn - OK, so the next time, take a photo or two and post them here on this thread.

Pretty funny indeed. Sounds like it was ok for him to have a buzz, and there's nothing wrong with that. Good on him for not wanting to waste a good beer when he can't taste it. I agree, a video would be cool. :mug:

I will try to get him to do it again tonight, the hose comes out tomorrow

And for the people who say it is stupid, if you have not had a beer or buzz in two months and have been denied any type of taste for 3 weeks while being stuck at home going stir crazy, you just might do the same.

He found an appropriate time to actually imbibe a coors light, the man deserves a medal

I will try to get him to do it again tonight, the hose comes out tomorrow

And for the people who say it is stupid, if you have not had a beer or buzz in two months and have been denied any type of taste for 3 weeks while being stuck at home going stir crazy, you just might do the same.

He found an appropriate time to actually imbibe a coors light, the man deserves a medal

i couldn't agree more!
a "special" brownie up the nose would probably go a long way towards recovery as well.

Agree 100%. If you're bad enough off to drink a coors light and consider it a privilege, then you deserve a salute.

My only question is which version of coors light was it? Was it the hopped version, the overly malty version, or one of the two "almost bmc, but not quite" versions? I've actually found at least four entirely different tasting beers within one 12-pack of coors light.

Gotta give it up to the Bud and Miller guys. They might make crap beer, but at least it's consistent. I've had coors light that was hopped to the double IPA level, and I've had coors light that tasted like unfermented wort straight out of the kettle... Further, I've had that range of experience out of the same 12-pack.

Gotta give some love to your buddy. I'm sorry he got into that sort of a spot. Not just beer wise, but just from the standpoint of a guy who's getting older and watching his body flake out. There's nothing funny or easy about it when your health gets shaky.

Agree 100%.
My only question is which version of coors light was it? Was it the hopped version, the overly malty version, or one of the two "almost bmc, but not quite" versions? I've actually found at least four entirely different tasting beers within one 12-pack of coors light. .
A little off topic but, I do belive Coors light is basicly an extract beer.
It's made somewhere (Colorodo I guess?) shipped out and reconstituted
somewhere else, which would explain those major inconsistencies. Dispicable.

Your buddy should try a keg stand through his nose, now THAT would be an epic viral video!

.They tend to be paying the very first month's member fees to the affiliate marketing member in which referred the customer to the business, anticipating that they will make their profit in the future on on going membership costs.This is really a wise proceed because the fact that encourages members of the online web program to give the VIDEO company great space on web pages where their offer is going to be seen, and hopefully be attractive to many of the visitors.

Amen to this! I've been reading this whole thread and while, yet, I'd like a video, more importantly, nobody has mentioned web based advertising at all!

;)

Amen to this! I've been reading this whole thread and while, yet, I'd like a video, more importantly, nobody has mentioned web based advertising at all!

;)

Well, epennelltheo has always been one of the real controversial figures on HBT. Some are not receptive to his ideas, but, I for one, welcome his unique take on things! :D

Well, sort of drink. My buddy got out of surgery for cancer in his tongue, they sliced a chunk of it out, and grafted a piece of his arm on his tongue. Since his tongue needed time to heal and also due to threat of his tongue swelling up (which it did) he has been eating through a tube through his nose. Well, another one of my friends was here a few days ago and left some of his coors light in my fridge (where it is safer from consumption than a 1 lb. of bacon in a synagogue). Well, my buddy wanted a beer since it had been two months, but did not want to waste one of my good beers.

So yes, I just watched someone drink a coors light through his nose. After drinking it, his comment was "Even when you can't taste it it is still ****". But now, whenever someone says there is no time to drink that crappy beer, I have a story to counter them with.

Man, hearing stuff like this always makes me terrified of life.

Will your buddy recover his sense of taste? Has it been permanently damaged?

My next brew I have, I'll be raising my glass to your buddy and his struggles. Here's a speedy recovery for him!:mug:

wow, that's crazy... I couldn't imagine losing my sense of taste. I love beer & food waaaayy too much for that. I hope your friend fully recovered... & Coors light has to be one of the worst beers around... 2nd only to Pabst Blue Ribbon

Back