Coors is better than bud.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't mind drinking a miller or a bud on a summer day, but I cringe drinking coors light. It taste like just okay beer that was diluted with water.

I don't mind drinking a miller or a bud on a summer day, but I cringe drinking coors light. It taste like just okay beer that was diluted with water.

Isn't that what coors lite is? I haven't drunk coors or bud in a while, but I would if that's what was in front of me, I'll drink about any beer . . . . . .at least once.:D

Coors, of the big (small?) three, is actually the most flavorful and balanced (not that that is saying much) it does have some hop character to it. I'm not saying I LIKE it, just saying it's there...

I'm a Bud guy. Always have been. Coors tastes too watered down to me and Miller always tastes skunked. Of course my girlfriend says then exact opposite (she likes Miller) so I think with these beers it is a shot in the dark anyway.

I may not be a Bud guy for long though. I should be ready to brew my first next weekend.

I have drank Coors Original from a half barrel keg for years. Out of the can or bottle I can take it or leave it. Out of the keg it is much better beer. Since the first gas hike a few years ago keg prices really spiked. So, I quit buying them. I may have one a year around the holidays. Since I got back into homebrew again I don't even do that now. My little corny keg does it all now.

Banquet is not bad but coors light is like making love in a canoe.

my first thought when i saw the title was 'thank you, captain obvious!' original coors is one of the better examples of that style, IMO. far better than either bud or miller. coors actually tastes like a well brewed american lager, bud and miller taste like watery corn or rice to me. when it comes to that style, original coors and PBR top my list, hamm's is a close third.

Coors Lite is the ONLY beer I have poured out. It may have gone bad, but it was totally undrinkable. Will never give it another chance.

Don't know that I ever had a regular Coors and I am not anxious to try one.

Budweiser is one of my least favorites.

Miller Lite is barely passable.

I might even turn down any of them if placed in front of me. That would depend on how thirsty I was at the moment.

I think Miller Lite is the worst, taste terrible. Bud light is ok but I have drank it so much I have moved to Coors. If Im drinking to get drunk its usually my 3 or 4th beer so taste isnt as important at that point.

Colors and Bud are palletable. Miller Lite tastes like absolutely terrible. I would rather not drink anything than Miller Lite. The only decent brew they have is High Life and that is still not all that great.

Coors Lite is the ONLY beer I have poured out. It may have gone bad, but it was totally undrinkable. Will never give it another chance.

Don't know that I ever had a regular Coors and I am not anxious to try one.

Budweiser is one of my least favorites.

Miller Lite is barely passable.

I might even turn down any of them if placed in front of me. That would depend on how thirsty I was at the moment.

Try one on tap. A friend of mine grew up in Austria with access to great beer all his life. One evening we sat down for dinner. He took a long drink of Coors Original. He turned to me and said, "That is really good beer. Have you ever noticed how much better that very first mouthful is?" My response, "Really? You have had great beer and you think this is good?" His response was yes. At that time I was a beer snob. Imports or nothing. At that time I thought skunky beer was good. Coors from the keg is pretty good I think. Out of a can or bottle its okay.

I watched a documentary that contained a blind taste test between miller, coors, and bud. All of them the light variety I believe.

Not a single person could pick their brew of choice out of the lot despite being diehard fans.

Those companies basically designed their beers to be non-offensive and nondescript

I watched a documentary that contained a blind taste test between miller, coors, and bud. All of them the light variety I believe.

Not a single person could pick their brew of choice out of the lot despite being diehard fans.

Those companies basically designed their beers to be non-offensive and nondescript

Yeah I thought that was pretty funny.

I would have no problem serving Bud,Coors or Miller at a party for that exact reason, it has drinkability as long as it's ice cold. Many people don't want to taste the beer they just want to smash them down.

O and it's cheap :)

IMO

Budweiser - 100% undrinkable
Bud Light - close to undrinkable
Coors Light - OK in a pinch, but devoid of taste
Coors Original - only had it once, but drinkable without being desirable
Miller High Life - contrary to the slogan, not the champaign of anything
Miller Light - consistently drinkable
PBR - the only cheap American lager that I would seek out

The only one of the above I would willingly pass up/ refuse / or dump would be original Budweiser.

Ok as far as crap cheap American lager is concerned....

It's PABST all the way!!! Then HAMS. I guess miller high life perhaps is next.

IMO

Budweiser - 100% undrinkable
Bud Light - close to undrinkable
Coors Light - OK in a pinch, but devoid of taste
Coors Original - only had it once, but drinkable without being desirable
Miller High Life - contrary to the slogan, not the champaign of anything
Miller Light - consistently drinkable
PBR - the only cheap American lager that I would seek out

The only one of the above I would willingly pass up/ refuse / or dump would be original Budweiser.

How is this true? didn't you know bud has superior drinkability! unless... wait advertisements lie?!!

Deciding between drinking Coors and Bud is like deciding between drinking cold pee or warm pee.......it's still pee! I'm sorry, it's what the masses drink so it must be good.

beerloaf

"Bottom line.
None of these beers has enough complexity and balance to be excellent, but Coors comes fairly close."

Best quote from the article.

If I'm poor that week I tend to buy high life 32oz can because there $1.18. I favors miller when it comes to choosing between the big mass producers simply because they are the highest paying and have the highest employee ratings out of AB miller or coors.

I really prefer the new Belgium folly packs or if I'm at an actual big liquor store it's stuff from weinstephan(sp).

I also have been known to drink stag or pbr when quantity over quality is an issue, but like I said earlier, most American lagers are like screwing in a boat

CthulhuDreaming said:
Debating which is worse (Coors or Bud) is a lot like debating whether you'd rather be punched in the face or kicked in the junk.

I'm thinking a good punch in the face is way better than even a bad kick in the balls

Im not buying AB InBev anymore except for Stella. Its just too good. And Spaten brewery (franziskaner) but those were Inbev so not as bad. AB sucks though.

Coors is primarily better than Bud because they are not detrimental to the beer industry. If you've never seen this documentary and support the craft beer industry, watch Beer Wars. http://beerwarsmovie.com/trailer/large/

MillerCoors doesn't do anything to hurt the craft beer industry? :confused: huh?
maybe not in the northeastern part of the country, but they sure as $h!t do here closer to their home base.

Other than shock top, I haven't bought any AB products since I saw Beer Wars

i bet you many of you guys saying you don't buy AB-InBev products actually do. a lot. probably without knowing about it. there's many craft breweries that gave partial ownership to AB-InBev for distribution purposes. goose island and red hook are amongst the better known of these breweries, but the list is quite long, and eye opening for those who think they're boycotting the dreaded 'BMC' machine. :mug:

Hey NordeastBrewer I would like to see that list as it would be eye opening to know. I already knew about goose island. I would like to know about the others.

Back