Coopers lager Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flpsktr24

Reaction score
Hello fellow brewers,

First time poster here, i am getting ready to brew my first batch of beer using the coopers lager pre-hopped can and wanted to get opinions on which fermentables that i should use i was thinking about just using #3 light dme, but was wondering if that was to much. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you are using a kit you should use what the kit contains. Unless you know what the changes will do you risk creating something awful! At best it is a total unknown.

If you are using a kit you should use what the kit contains. Unless you know what the changes will do you risk creating something awful! At best it is a total unknown.
This may apply in the full kits made by homebrew shops, but Cooper's Lager is just a can of hopped extract and yeast.
So if you're going to make full batch you need to add something.
If you do it by the instructions you're going to use way too much sugar (~1.8 lbs) and it will taste beer-like, not like a good beer IMHO.
Using 3lbs of DME is a good choice.

I made a 4gal batch with 2lbs of DME and 3oz of Citra and it turned great beer (5,9%).
It was a partial boil so it wasn't too hoppy.

BLUE & GOLD LAGER
A beer similar to the Fosters style.
1 can of Coopers Lager
400g Light Dry Malt Extract
200g Dried Corn Syrup
600g Glucose or Dextrose
Follow instructions on can except for the sugar, use the above instead...

Back