Coopers carb drops?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smiff78

Reaction score
Stuck at work late today so cant get to HB store, so my wife is going instead to pick up some carb drops. Thing is i dont know how many ill need for 24 1litre bottles of mexican cervasa. I understand it will probobley tell me on instructions on packet but to make it easier for the wife, i thought id ask you brew wizard folks so i can let her know before she makes a purchase...cheers

Carb drops came in different sizes. Coopers would be: 1 for 12oz, 2 for 22 oz, 3 of 1 liter (33oz). But there are some that are a lot smaller that take 3 - 5 for a 12 oz. Do you know what brand?

They are coopers. And if i remember correctley they where oval and about 1 inch long if that helps?

The other version is a lot tinier, like eraser heads. You should be good with 3 then, like I mentioned. I’d still glance at the instructions just in case. At least this gives you an idea of how many you need.

As an example,you use 2 Cooper's carb drops with their PET bottles,which are 25.16oz,or some 740ml. So 3 drops should be ok with 1L. One drop per 12-16oz bottle is normal. Or you could just weigh out table sugar & make a priming solution out of that.

Latest posts

Back