Cool or Unusual bottle openers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's called the decapitator! Pretty good at what it does.

image-2013056754.jpg

image-849756582.jpg

not unusual, but i've had this ring for over 6 years now.
and my pocket knife (that stays on my keyring) but the little flap is a bottle opener as well, i'm usually always prepped.

2013-03-21_11-11-57_500_zpsf2e0c265.jpg

Well, it's no kangaroo scrotum, but This is my go-to. Nothing but the best tools for my brews or bicycles...

c249230397bc4df63ae11757a752e9fb941a68c9_800x700.jpg

I don't know if you can read it, but one says 'Meister
Brau PeterHandBreweryCo'. It's probably from the 40's.

The other one is genuine Campagnolo and yes it's made from a real dropout.

3265.jpg

The cheap paint can opening tools and caribeaners (sp?) work pretty well.

I'm hoping to finalize plans for a wall mount opener tomorrow and have it fabricated later in the day. It'll be pretty slick - I have some 1/4" scrap that is shaped like a bottle cap - it's just too fitting to not use!

Have a GREAT opener from Bolivia (I think) that my mom brought me back from her cruise a couple years back. It's a naked woman, anatomically correct, in heavy brass/pewter. But my wife has misplaced it so all I have to show you is my key ring horse opener that I've used for 4-5 years...

image-1535833165.jpg

I bought the Craftsman bottle open that was recently on sale. Heavy steel.

craftsman-bottlecap.jpg

This is my favorite. Worth every penny. I have a red shoelace and a Celebrator goat charm attached to it to make it easy to find in my kitchen knick-nack drawer.

Usually whatever I have lying around. Kitchen knife, ruler, fork, spoon, another bottle, you name it. I've even managed to use a tightly rolled up magazine.

This is on my Farm...
2012-05-20220942-1.jpg

How many caps does it take to fill a 5-gal Bucket?
It started with an Oxy Clean(2 gallon I think) bucket, then I had to upgrade to the 5gal in the picture.
That picture is about a year old, I now have a 9 gallon hydraulic fluid bucket hanging there.

Here are my favorites. The Craftsman has already been posted but it is awesome. The second one is a challenge coin for the Presidential Helicopter Squadron HMX-1. They park Marine One at the airport I work at when the President visits Chicago.

image-609422929.jpg

image-4154569984.jpg

image-363219305.jpg

gregsbeerreviews on youtube sells those butterfly knife bottle openers. He has a link to the video about them in his comments section right under the video player.

Back