Converting BCS recipes to partial boil help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewskier

Reaction score
Going to try and brew one of the BCS recipes in the coming weeks, but I realized that I have to convert the recipes from full boil to partial boil. I've read that it's just a simple matter of leaving half of the extract out until the very end of the boil. Is it really that simple? There's a calculation in the book, but I can't say I understand it that well. Any thoughts?

Going to try and brew one of the BCS recipes in the coming weeks, but I realized that I have to convert the recipes from full boil to partial boil. I've read that it's just a simple matter of leaving half of the extract out until the very end of the boil. Is it really that simple? There's a calculation in the book, but I can't say I understand it that well. Any thoughts?

In BCS, he has directions to convert his recipes to a partial boil on pages 34 and 35.

Back