Control Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thach1aj

Reaction score
Hi everyone I am have a little issue with my control panel. Every time when it is on and there is liquid on the stand I can feel electric current running through the water. Not a lot but enough to know its there. I have traced it to I believe its somewhere between the plug to the box because it still has electric current up until I completely unplug it. I was wondering if anyone hass more knowledge about this stuff before I dig into more. Thanks.

Cheers!
Andrew

Hi everyone I am have a little issue with my control panel. Every time when it is on and there is liquid on the stand I can feel electric current running through the water. Not a lot but enough to know its there. I have traced it to I believe its somewhere between the plug to the box because it still has electric current up until I completely unplug it. I was wondering if anyone hass more knowledge about this stuff before I dig into more. Thanks.

Cheers!
Andrew

Tie your brew stand frame to your electrical ground.

Cheers!
Andrew

Run a ground wire from your brew stand frame to your electrical ground and the shocking will go away, but now you might trip your GFI breaker. At least if this happens you have something to chase.

Back