Control panel - final questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stooby

Reaction score
So after much studying (thank you doug293cz and Kal) and figuring I think I'm ready to start building panel. I have an ezboil dspr300. Is the built-in alarm loud enough or do you recommend installing a flashing buzzer. I've got the 2 relays so wouldn't be much trouble I guess. Also, I bought the triclamp heating element with the integrated plug. Do I have to ground anything at the kettle or does the triclamp achieve it? Thanks

So after much studying (thank you doug293cz and Kal) and figuring I think I'm ready to start building panel. I have an ezboil dspr300. Is the built-in alarm loud enough or do you recommend installing a flashing buzzer. I've got the 2 relays so wouldn't be much trouble I guess. Also, I bought the triclamp heating element with the integrated plug. Do I have to ground anything at the kettle or does the triclamp achieve it? Thanks
Adding the external buzzers later is not a big deal if you leave room for them on the front of the enclosure. You may also need room for alarm shut-off switches, if you don't want to have to fumble with the small buttons on the front of the DSPR to turn an alarm off. If you have a welded or soldered tri-clamp fitting on the kettle, then the grounding to the kettle will be solid. If you use a weldless tri-clamp fitting on the kettle, then you have to make sure you only have a rubber washer on the inside or the outside of the kettle, but not both.

Brew on :mug:

I've been looking at lots of diagrams for control panel (still waiting for couple of parts) Can you skip fuses if you just use 10g wire throughout panel? Seems like I read that somewhere. Mine is 30A 240V panel

I've been looking at lots of diagrams for control panel (still waiting for couple of parts) Can you skip fuses if you just use 10g wire throughout panel? Seems like I read that somewhere. Mine is 30A 240V panel
Yes you can, but I think you will find that using 10AWG wire everywhere is a PITA. Don't make your life more difficult than it needs to be.

Brew on :mug:

Latest posts

Back