Control panel basics help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stooges56

Reaction score
I'm planning on building an electric system over the next couple months but need a serious primer in wiring. Can anyone recommend any reading? I was thinking about Circuitbuilding for Dummies but wasn't sure if it's appropriate. Thanks for any help.

Yea I am trying to get some basic wiring help now for my simple control panel but haven't had much luck here yet. Was thinking about going on a electrician forum or something...

Zeus, good input.
I would also sit down, kick back, and do research on the electrical RIMS and HERMS systems in this forum. There is plenty of wiring diagrams and basics in past threads.

See what works best for you.
And, look on the bright side: It took me 6 months to research and design and 1 year + to build. :)

The Black & Decker The Complete Guide to Wiring is actually a fabulous resource. It covers 120 vac, 240 vac and low voltage which is everything you use in a panel. I have the 4th edition from about 5 years ago and still reference it. It is the best wiring resource Ive ever used for 240 vac and lower. I'm not joking.

Latest posts

Back