consume or not to consume that is the question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had that one guy who posted that he did that, seemed kinda trollish though. Why would you want to brew and not consume it?

When I bring beer into work, I don't drink it. (mostly because I'm saving it for others) I drink at home.

yeah we did this thread already. dude was a troll. what kind of an attention whore brews beer and doesn't like it, only to seek others approval and the status of "The man". you don't have to drink every drop, but if you're brewing just to give away and won't even taste the stuff, you're a door mat of a man.

My neighbor makes wine but isn't allowed to drink due to medication. He likes giving it away. He also is retired and has plenty of free time.

yeah we did this thread already. dude was a troll. what kind of an attention whore brews beer and doesn't like it, only to seek others approval and the status of "The man". you don't have to drink every drop, but if you're brewing just to give away and won't even taste the stuff, you're a door mat of a man.

Not so sure I agree with that completely.

While I agree you should at least sample your brews some people enjoy the process but for many reassons may not be able to enjoy it like they want to.

I knew a guy who was allergic to alcohol and could not have it in any form or it made him violently ill, he made some amazing wines and used his wife and friends as testers as well as instrumentation. He had it down to an absolute scince after 20 years of doing it this way.

Not so sure I agree with that completely.

While I agree you should at least sample your brews some people enjoy the process but for many reassons may not be able to enjoy it like they want to.

I knew a guy who was allergic to alcohol and could not have it in any form or it made him violently ill, he made some amazing wines and used his wife and friends as testers as well as instrumentation. He had it down to an absolute scince after 20 years of doing it this way.

I can understand someone who physically cannot tolerate alcohol still wanting to be involved. With the thread in question from a few months ago the guy eventually admitted that he didn't want to change his friends' perceptions of him being "the guy who doesn't drink." That was pretty much his only solid reasoning for not drinking.

I can understand someone who physically cannot tolerate alcohol still wanting to be involved. With the thread in question from a few months ago the guy eventually admitted that he didn't want to change his friends' perceptions of him being "the guy who doesn't drink." That was pretty much his only solid reasoning for not drinking.

Yeah that guy was undoubtedly a troll, I remember that thread and he had an excuse for any reply given which screams troll from the start.

Yeah that guy was undoubtedly a troll, I remember that thread and he had an excuse for any reply given which screams troll from the start.

Yep. I think anyone would be understanding of someone who loves to brew but has an alcohol allergy. That guy was shady from the start, though.

Yeah,it said "troll" to me too. good argument starter,since he had an excuse no matter what was said.
Anyway,I like to brew with different grains,extracts,hops,water,sugars...just too many combinations to NOT want to at least try some & share a few now & then.

Hey dude, im not a troll just a guy that LOVES to brew and loves to give it away! Door mat? LOL. Anyway didnt know this thread was already done. Just curious if there was any "non drinkers" out thier that just did it for the hobby? lets face it, if it wasnt for the hobby then it would be just as good to buy it at the store. right?

Back