Connoisseurs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luda007

Reaction score
There are times when certain words are used to describe meads.
I don't exactly know what they mean and I'd guess there are fellow mead noobs such as my self who wonder what they mean.
I suppose I could google it but I thought why not get a list going here?

I've heard hot and mouthfeel mentioned.
What do they mean?
Maybe we can get this stickies and start a glossary of sorts?

There are times when certain words are used to describe meads.
I don't exactly know what they mean and I'd guess there are fellow mead noobs such as my self who wonder what they mean.
I suppose I could google it but I thought why not get a list going here?

I've heard hot and mouthfeel mentioned.
What do they mean?
Maybe we can get this stickies and start a glossary of sorts?
Don't know if there already is a glossary/appendix of some sort hereabouts, I haven't looked, but there is one over at Gotmead, but I haven't used it so don't know how clear, concise or extensive it might be.

What I do know, is that producing a section like that is a huge amount of work. Even if "wiki" software is used to enable multiple authors to input the information/data etc. Then there's the type of language used i.e. British (proper IMO) english/terminology/spelling etc, or as these forums are US based, American english/terminology/spelling, which then might need a bit of clarification for those of us who aren't American/based there etc

Then if it was run like a wiki you'd need moderation to make sure all entries added were identical, clear, correct, etc etc. It's usual that such documents/systems like this have to be run/managed by a single individual with an "iron fist" approach, to make them more like similar commercially produced equivalents.

"Stickies" are just posts that contain info/guidance/instruction that is considered "important" enough, so the threads/posts always appear at the top of the forum i.e. so they "stick" there for easy access.

If we all weren't so focused on posting our question/reply etc, we'd use proper tagging of the info so it would make searching more efficient.

But we don't, because if it was automatic it would probably need increased server space/bandwidth/etc, all of which, costs $/£/€.......

Back