connection of HERMS coil onto the inside of keggle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divi2323

Reaction score
I've got a HERMS system in the planning and need to order parts. I am going to be using stainless 25 feet of coil inside a keggle for my HLT. I want to use sanitary fittings where possible and avoid threaded connections when possible.

how do you guys attach your coils to your HLT sides, and if so, how do you attach them to welded in ferrules? I'm proficient soldering stainless thanks to the massive stainless brazing/soldering thread here at HBT.

My original thought here was to solder a ferrule to the keg using the dimple tool, and then solder a back fitting on the other side, but i'm not sure what to solder in to connect to the coil.

Looking for any and all solutions here.

I dont want to say money's no object, but i have a hookup at grainger, so parts are almost a non issue. If you have part numbers from Grainger, feel free to pass those along, or corresponding mcmaster carr numbers.

Back