Conditioning temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagovenor

Reaction score
hi guys, on my first batch of brew and everything seems to be going fine but im reading different views on how other people are clearing and conditioning their beer.
im brewing landlords finest bitter (richies) its currently sitting at 15c and has been for one week, should it be slightly cooler? or does it need to be transfered somewhere cooler after a couple of weeks? thanks

IF the beer is at FG, tastes good and is clear then in all honesty you can package it. If you want to speed up the process of clearing then as brulosopher pointed out you can cold crash it for a few days to force the clearing.

IF the beer is at FG, tastes good and is clear then in all honesty you can package it. If you want to speed up the process of clearing then as brulosopher pointed out you can cold crash it for a few days to force the clearing.

will cold crashing it lose c02? sorry if im being a little thick just its my first batch

As long as the vessel is closed and has an airlock there will be no loss of CO2 unless you really bang it around and off gas it. As far as cold crash, I place my vessel in the garage at this time of year as it's nice and chilly in Chicago, 24-36 hours and I package.

No it wont. But why would you be worried about co2 at this point? Do this before you bottle.

as its my first batch was just leaving it in pressure barrel and going to use the dispenser on it, it has a s30 cylinder vave on it which i will use later, on to my next question, how much c02 should add?

Back