Conditioning Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyttlewilly

Reaction score
So I'm fairly new to the kegging world and have a tough question.

So I just kegged an Abbey style ale last night, I pressurized the keg at 30psi and left it in the keezer over night at 36 deg. This is what I am wondering:

1. Should I condition the keg in the fridge or out of the fridge in my basement at 65 deg?

2. When should I turn down the psi?

3. What psi should I leave it at to condition it? And if I store it at 65deg. how can I know what psi it will raise up to?

Thanks for your help,

Willy

At 36 degrees I'd carb it for a week at 7-10 psi, though leaving it on gas for 2-3 weeks will let the carb "bite" age out.

I'm sure someone here will post a chart, the psi, temp, and time to carb is a sliding scale.

Personally I'd let it sit on gas for a week to get it drinkable, and continue to let it gas in the fridge while it ages.

I would prefer to condition at room temp, so I don't get any temptations to drink it, but its already chilled. Is it bad to fluctuate the temp?

I think it would be best if I just left this batch in the fridge, but in the future I believe I'll basement it up. Thanks for your input.

Oh ya and thanks for the sweet link Hammy, I will definitely use that in the future.

Back