Conditioning question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UrbanBrew

Reaction score
I made a batch of Mr. Beer Weizenbier with a Hef yeast 2 weeks ago. I racked it into a 1 gallon bottle last week. Being a Hef. and such a small amount should I still wait 2 weeks for conditioning or can it go into bottles this week?
Thanks
:fro:

I generally dont secondary condition my hefes, especially when they have fermented a few weeks already in the primary. Especially the small amount and such, my opinion would be that you are good to bottle. How long are you going to wait before you drink?

2-3 weeks in the fermenter then straight to bottles is generally good for a hefe. I'd go ahead and bottle it this week. Then give it 2-3 weeks in the bottle before consuming.

Thanks, this was my first batch so I was just trying to get a feel for everything. I plan on letting it sit for as long as I can stand it. :D I will probably drink a bottle a week for the first few weeks to get a good idea of how the taste change. That should hold me over until my Blood Orange Hef. is ready.
Thanks again,
:fro:

Back