Condensation in FV

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merc230ce

Reaction score
My second brew, a Coopers IPA, has now been in primary for a week (OG 1.047) and I dryhopped it this morning (30g Apollo)

All week (right up to when I said Goodnight to it and tucked it in last night ;-) there has been loads of condensation on the inside of the FV, and then this morning - completely clear. I took a sample and the gravity is 1.010, which is (I presume) pretty much the FG. So I'm guessing that the disappearing condensation is a sign that fermentation has more or less finished? I didn't notice that the last time, but then the fermentation has been of a completely different 'character' this time, which I'm mainly putting down to the different yeast. Last time (with the Coopers kit yeast) there was a huge Krausen and lots of 'boiling' movement. This time (US-05) - a much smaller, but more solid-looking Krausen. And no movement that I could see at all, just the very odd bubble. I expected the gravity to be much higher and to have to rouse the yeast, but after taking a reading I didn't bother.

(God, I'm even nerding myself out at this stage! ;-)

Back