Concern I may have a contamination

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boysbrew2012

Reaction score
So I racked my beer, added gelatine finings and polyclar to it. Cold crashed it and did a Gravity reading 5 days after and it was still showing a hefty amount of sugar remaining. I pulled it from the fridge and added yeast in an attempt to drop the Gravity down. I checked on it today and there looks to be some sort of film floating at the top which does not look like the forming of a yeast cake. Could that be the polyclar/gelatin remains? or is this beer actually gone??? I am religious with sanitation but you never know. Want to get feedback before I make a decision.

Do you have a picture?

For the next time I would do the gravity reading prior to racking, adding gelatin or cold crashing. This way you know if your done fermenting or not.

If you can post a picture, that would be the easiest way to try and identify it.

Looks normal to me. It's not the best pic but what I see it is just looks like the a finished beer. That small amount of bubbles on top is what I get in my primary after the fermentation

Latest posts

Back