Complete noob in CT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Requiemm

Reaction score
Dia daoibh!

I am seriously interested in getting into cider brewing and maybe beer later. I'm avidly reading this forum and trying to soak in the knowledge. My lovely wife wants to know what to get me for Christmas and I'm thinking a good cider brewing starter set up, but could use some direction.

Ask for a good basic beer making kit as you can use all of the equipment for making ciders. Fermentation buckets or Carboys, bottling bucket, hydrometer, capper, tubing, bottle fillers, etc... You don't necessarily need a pot but some kits may come with one.

The upside is that if you decide to brew beer, you have the gear for that too. Many of us dabble with Ciders because our beer brewing gear can be used for Ciders too.

^^^ Agreed... Additionally, you may even consider making Apfelwine. If you don't know what it is, go ahead and check the forum... You will get an earful on it... errr eyeful????

Back