Complete Keggle Conversion Kit???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kmcogar

Reaction score
Is there anywhere online that sells a complete keggle conversion kit? What i mean is,,,,,,,thermometer, weldless sight glass kit, weldless valve/bulkheads? An all together buy... ya know? Where is the best deal?

Best thing i found was at brewhardware.com. I think all together it will cost about $70. Which is pretty good since the keg is free.

Let me know what ya think

:mug:

Fair enough, I will stick to just the valve. Any thermometers you would recommend?

This is the thermometer I have. Works great.

ProAccurate Digital Thermometer : Northern Brewer

I use a racking cane to measure my wort. Just plug the top with my finger. Measured out 5 gallons, 6 gallons.. Etc. Marked the racking cane on the outside with a marker at each gallon addition. I figured a site glass is just something I can break by knocking it against something, then what do I do? I am sure they are great, I just decided against one.

Just my 2 cents.

Well I don't wanna sound stupid, but I also don't wanna be stupid. What exactly is the sight glass for?

There are no stupid questions bro.
I am still a newbie but I try to consider all my options and decided exactly what is needed. I have input from people who have brewed for a while but ultimately it is my decision.

You can always add things like site glasses later. Remember it is your system and you need to use what you like.

I have a sight tube on my keggle, there is always a chance of breaking it as everyone points out, not a deal breaker for me. I just keep a brass plug handy if it breaks, plug the hole and brew( might be a problem if it broke while I was brewing).

Back