complaint on bargain fittings (fixed!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i recently ordered 2 weldless kits from them and received the package today and open up thinking i'm going to be able to piece it together. well i was wrong when i went to put it together i realized that both kits did not come with any Orings of which play a major role in sealing the Kettle tight to prevent leaks. thats my only complaint no O rings.

anyone by chance know what size O rings i need Everything is for 1/2 inch fittings not sure if i should get a size smaller to fit snug or just get 1/2 inch O rings

Wow, that's funny you mention that. It was my only problem with him too... except that I ordered extra O-rings and didn't get the extras, so it wasn't that big of a deal. He's a good guy though... just email him and let him know. He sent me the extra O-rings in a few days. No big deal. Sounds like he needs to have more attention to detail on these O-rings though!

They're special silicone high-temp O-rings, so you might not have an easy time finding them faster than he can ship them to you.

I got a bag of 25 from mcmaster. McMaster-Carr item number 9396K285 these are identical to the orings that came with my 1/2" weldless kit from morebeer.

i do have to say everything else with him went exellent. extremely fast shipping.

i did email him so i'm sure he'll send them my way once he gets the email. and if not looks like i'll be ordering from mcmaster. thanks for the link and product number

ok have to say i am pretty darn impressed with bargian fittings service already got email back from him and will be sending the o rings to me tomorrow great service and products from him. have to say even though the o rings were accidently not sent i definitely recomend ordering from him for your fittings

yeah thats why i went with him same price with out the hassel of trying to find stainless washers and everything else

Owner of Bargain Fittings here.

I apologize again for the error on the order!

I do seem to have an issue with o-rings. One of my concerns is placement of them so they don't get lost in the packaging.

From this point on I will print out packing slips and check off the order contents, bag and tape the o-rings to the valve/fitting sets so they don't get lost.

I appreciate the business you guys send me and hope to help out more of you in the future with your weld-less needs!

Thanks,
Wayne
greatbargain.net

Just registered as a premium Vendor account.

Look for specials soon in the vendor showcase.

Again I appreciate all of your concerns and input.

Wayne
Bargain Fittings

Hey welcome to the forum, If I need to buy weldless fittings at some point I'll be buying through you, much easier than trying to piece everything together.

P.S. Could the thread title be changed to have (Resolved) at the end of it or something?

Owner of Bargain Fittings here.

I apologize again for the error on the order!

I do seem to have an issue with o-rings. One of my concerns is placement of them so they don't get lost in the packaging.

From this point on I will print out packing slips and check off the order contents, bag and tape the o-rings to the valve/fitting sets so they don't get lost.

I appreciate the business you guys send me and hope to help out more of you in the future with your weld-less needs!

Thanks,
Wayne
greatbargain.net

no worries i changed my origonal post to no complaints have to to say thanks for the fast response and for a great product.

I ordered from them...you....anyway, Good enough in my book!
I will do Business with Bargain Fittings Again for sure!
If I need to buy weldless fittings at some point I'll be buying through you
FWIW...The fittings from Bargain Fittins are actually stainless. I purchased a weldless fitting, but ended up welding the back of the fitting into my keg as a bung. Worked great, I was amazed. I figured for the price it was chromed brass or someting cheap!

Just registered as a premium Vendor account.

Look for specials soon in the vendor showcase.

Again I appreciate all of your concerns and input.

Wayne
Bargain Fittings

Welcome to HBT. Great to see another vendor who takes the time to check in here.

I ordered from them...you....anyway, Good enough in my book!
I will do Business with Bargain Fittings Again for sure!

FWIW...The fittings from Bargain Fittins are actually stainless. I purchased a weldless fitting, but ended up welding the back of the fitting into my keg as a bung. Worked great, I was amazed. I figured for the price it was chromed brass or someting cheap!

Yes all the the inside parts are stainless steel. I designed that very idea in mind for those who want to weld the coupler in at a later date.

You can have the best of both worlds.

I would appreciate if the moderators could edit the title to something less than a complaint or at least put resolved in the title.

Thanks!

I got my order from Bargain Fittings today and everything was there (including all of the O-rings). I'm very happy with the service I got from Wayne and shipping was prompt. I recommend and will do business again if need.

Very good service here too, prompt reply and deliver (3days). The threads were pretty much perfect just a few nicks were in the threads. Possibly the thread cutter was slightly dulled. Havn't installed mine yet but don't expect this to cause a problem

Installed and used mine this weekend. Worked great, no leaks, no nothing. Definately recommend as the price is low and relatively easy to install for those who don't have the time or resources to weld one up.

Back