Competitions - On a Roll!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdauria

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Having my best month in 10 years of homebrewing and entering comps.

My NEIPA took 1st in Hudson Valley Comp and was 2nd for BOS. Even better, the first place BOS winner passed on the prize due to being a comp organizer, so now I get to brew my beer at Sixpoint in NY!

Then this past weekend 4 out of 5 beers medaled in the Ocean State Comp in RI. Took first with an American Light Lager, first with a Munich Helles, 2nd with a Porter and 3rd with a Schwarzbier. The Schwarzbier was actually second highest scoring beer with a 40, but took 3rd in a mini-BOS. Only beer not to medal was a Czech Dark, but with a 36 it was in the running.

Same 5 beers are up again in two weeks at a comp here in Mass and all but the Porter are heading to NHC...so hopefully I can keep this gravy train rolling!

Congrats! Brewing at Sixpoint should be a blast!

Thanks! Definitely will be! Have already had the experience brewing with pros after winning a comp here in Mass. Got to brew twice at Barrel House Z in Weymouth Mass, then they contracted with Dorchester Brewing in Boston where I got to brew a 60 bbl batch for release in cans!

Latest posts

Back