Commonly Used Quick Connect/Disconnects for Control Panel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudflap

Reaction score
I'm finishing up ordering all parts for my control panel build on my direct fired RIMS, I want a clean build and be able to completely disconnect my panel from the brew rig when not in use. I went with the Intermittent Spark Ignition module setup (Honeywell S8610U3009 module and VR8304 Dual Smart Valves). From reading posts and hearing about interference issues, I've decided to mount the spark modules in a separate sub-box away from my main control panel.

So what would some of you suggest be the best/cleanest/secure type connection between the control panel and the sub box housing the spark modules? As I'm still in the panning phase and studying the wiring diagrams, I believe I will only be running a 24v line from the transformer (housed in main panel) and a wire from the PID (also housed in main panel) to the TH-W port of the spark modules. This is per this diagram:

Both x2 since I have a setup each for HLT & MT. I've looked at XLR, 1/4" phone, Speakon, and Neutrik Powercon types. I really like locking capability and if this could possibly be done for both with a single connection point that would rock! Thanks for any suggestions....

Gas_Control Dummies.jpg

I used Neutrik Powercon connectors on my 60a panel with great results.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Since you're not dealing with a lot of amps there are a plethora of available connectors.
I would probably recommend "aviation connectors". You can find IP68 rated ones with a whole range of pin outs for around 5$ plug+panel mount. Just search "4 pin aviation connector" on ebay or aliexpress or any other component retailer and you'll find them.

Thanks for the input guys. The more I've looked into these connectors, I think I'm gonna do PowerCons on the 120v pumps and use a single 4-pin Speakon connection to both spark modules just to cut down on holes and cables coming out of my panel

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back