• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Colorado Commercial Hydroponic Hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ANewrBrewr

Reaction score
Hey guys so this forum has been a homebrew tool of mine for quite some time, with all of your help I went from undrinkable beer to gold medals! Thanks for that!

I've started the worlds first commercial hydroponics hops operation, Hydro Hop Farms LLC. Our hops are all handpicked, bine ripened (no quality hop should be sold bright green), slow no-heat drying and individually packaged and pesticide free. The result is cone unlike anything else out there available to homebrewers and the investment to get this quality comes at a price. I can't survive off the measly prices large breweries pay for sub-grade hops, so I've chose to only deal with homebrewers. My questions is will homebrewers be willing to pay a few extra bucks and order hops from an exclusive site to get top quality?

Check us out on facebook or our website and please leave me some feedback on the forum if you have thoughts.

MOD EDIT - LINK REMOVED

First off you need to be an approved vendor to advertise on this site. Contact an admin to find out how to get approved.

Good luck with your business it looks promising. You might want to post pricing on your website if you expect us to be able to buy anything.

Ok sorry. I was really just looking for feedback. And as it says on my website prices will be available on the 18th as product is available. Prices will be upper to normal range pricing between 2-4 on oz. Cheers and I guess I will look elsewhere for feedback it's just a shame since this is such a valuable resource of knowledgeable brewers.

Hey no problem if the forum was funded by some rich guy that had free servers and put no time into building this wealth of info. Unfortunately it's not and has business costs. Try joining as a Supporting member and become a Sponsored Vendor and I'm sure you will get plenty of feedback. Its a business expense that YOU can write off and probably get some business as well. It sure looks like a great business idea so why not do the right thing. It's clearly posted at the top of this forum section. I wish you nothing but good luck.

I would try them. I would probably scrutinize them if they costed more. I know gas flush mylar packaging might not be an option for you at first, but I think you might wanna consider it at some point.

Hey no worries I understand that you have a business to run. I'm not trying to solicit my product (it's not even for sale yet) I was just wanting to hear feedback from brewers, I always thought that was a free service, hence the awesomeness of this site... Anyways sorry for any hassle. Good luck.

Hello ANewrBrewr,

This is a great site, and best of luck with your business. Don't feel like your being unfairly singled out here. If you really have been using this site for years then the response of the mods and other members -- about commercial advertising as an unregistered vendor -- should come as no surprise. Similar posts probablly happen once a month or so in FS threads. (or something like ... Forum rules state that prices must be posted for items... etc). The reason this site is so great is, in large part, thanks to rules just like this one. Its like public radio, It is free to consume but it is not free to run.

I'd be interested in the product but as you may know, a homebrewing brings out the frugality in many folks... myself included

Cheers

Absolutely I was always under the impression that soliciting was a "no go" around the site, but then a buddy told me that there is a section made for just that purpose under "For Sale" so I was excited and thus posted there, assuming I was following rules. No worries I'm sure it will behoove me to become a legit vendor so I shall contact you soon.

Cheers!

Found you site with Google. Marked as a favorite when you have a full selection I will most likely order from you. Please become a vendor so we can stay up to b date.

Back