Commercial Conversion

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcsowden

Reaction score
I picked up a Glastender 60" Back Bar Cooler on Wheels, Model BB60-L6-BSH(LL), 115V at a local auction site for $225. The initial plan was to put it in my utility room behind the basement bar and run taps through the wall. This is still possible, though this thing is HEAVY and the idea of getting it down the stairs does not sound appealing.

I had an idea to place this in my garage. I could run the lines through the lower wall of my garage, across the unfinished ceiling in the utility room and down to the wall taps on the back of the bar. This would be a run of about 10-15 ft.

the two questions I have are:

1. does anyone have experience cutting j to one of these rigs? If I keep it in the garage it would be ideal to cut through the side wall of the cooler but I don’t know if there are components opposite of the compressor that would prevent that.

2. For a run of 15 ft, what’s my best option to keep the beer cold along the way? Insulate PVC around the lines? Use a blower? There will be a 4-5 turns in the line.
And, just generally speaking, anyone have experience owning a commercial cooler?

Thank you!

Attachments

• C7B9FA30-7CA7-4C12-9C5A-EF9D4A30B4D3.jpeg
    C7B9FA30-7CA7-4C12-9C5A-EF9D4A30B4D3.jpeg
    318.2 KB · Views: 17
I was considering getting this tower cooler and extending the hose. The fact that the line will be running down to the basement makes me think it could be effective to run it all the way to the tap box and that warmer air would rise out of the line as it circulates?

Coldtower Kegerator Super Tower Cooler (Upgraded for MAXIMUM cooling) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OZPJ9X0/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_kFHdFbQHEPWC8

Back