Commercial brewers are a$$es!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to imagine that some pro brewers get kinda cranky with home brewers trying to equate what they do to the pro's setup. Homebrewers have tremendous advantages in some ways: we can make goofy ****, we can quadruple the hops in an IPA for about $10, we can buy a fresh pack of yeast for each brew, etc.

Imagine walking into a busy BBQ restaurant and trying to sound like you know their operation because you make ribs 3 times a year.

Not excusing rude behavior mind you, but I'm a professional software engineer, and it irks me slightly when people who "make websites" think they know what i do. Just saying'.

You have no idea how many snobby homebrewers make it a point to dissect everything they do, most of the time in a negative manner

When I toured the Bud plant, I felt like I was in some sort of chemical lab.

Considering the output of AB, the quality control and the ability to produce the same beer with every batch is incredible. I hold a BS in Chem from Wash U and we were privileged to meet with the qc and analysis chemists at the AB STL plant when we were students. The scale of production and the difficulty in producing a clean product with such a light beer is commendable.

I'll add a bit to this.

I've toured the Budweiser plant in St Louis twice. Say what you want about the beer, the story of AB is a very interesting story with a lot of US history in it. The plant is actually a national historical something or other (been a few years) I'm not a Bud drinker, never have been. But I was amazed at the history lesson I got at the brewery. Too bad they are not American owned anymore.

Saint Louis is a beer town, with the old Beer Barons like Lemp and AB. There are a lot of caves beneath STL and they were perfect for lagering. If you go to Demenil Place, which is across I-55 from the current AB STL brewery, you will see the old beer baron homes and a massive brick factory, which used to be the Lemp brewery (later the famous International Shoe Company, which is of particular interest for attorneys due to FCRP 4 personal jurisdiction and similar state statutes).

Back