Commercial Beer Label Material

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewgineers

Reaction score
Am about to print our first labels and are just curious about what commercial brewers use for their labels. is it just normal paper and glue?

.....mixed with unicorn tears.

Honestly I am not sure, but for your first batch just play around and have fun!

Most commercial brewers use what is called, "cut and stack" labels. Its usually a coated paper, thinner than your normal 80lb bond printer paper. Then, they apply the labels with a gluer, which is typically a hot melt glue. I'm also seeing that more of the breweries are going toward a self adhesive label. Its a little more expensive, but a lot easier to apply.

If this is for home use, paper and glue is fine. If you are looking for larger quantities for a commercial brewery, I could hook you up with a great label printer in Cleveland for self adhesive labels.

I have been wondering how they can do it cheap enough. I guess its all in bulk, but my gosh labeling seems to be somewhat expensive, when you calculate out the final cost of the beer.

Yea, labels go into the several cent per label (or less) price range when you are ordering thousands of them

Back