Coming out of the shadows...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

munche

Reaction score
So I've been lurking around all sorts of information on this site for a few months now, as I'm the type who does a ton of research before I jump into anything.

Almost a month ago now I made the plunge into buying homebrew gear.

I purchased:
- A full size stand up freezer + electronic temp controller. I had a bit of a scare when I realized I got a freezer with coils in the shelves....but I managed to bend them out of the way enough that I can fit 4 carboys and stoppers. I'm a bit scared of the top shelf holding up to the weight of 2 carboys, though. Anyone have any ideas on reinforcing the shelves?
- The "Bottling super deluxe" kit from MoreBeer.com. 7.5Gal kettle, wort chiller, etc etc....I tried to make sure I wasn't buying anything I'd need to replace later.

I've had fun brewing so far, 2 batches in 2 weekends...I made an American IPA and a Dunkelweizen. Of course, neither of them are actually ready to DRINK.....but I'm having fun with the process. That's a good thing, right? Only minor mishaps to report, too...(whoops, that hose clamp wasn't on the wort chiller tight enough!)

My wallet is already dreading the potential future costs of going all grain, kegging, and making a kegerator out of a chest freezer.

:mug:

-Jason

Latest posts

Back