Columbus, OH Yeast banking

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoffington

Reaction score
Anyone in the Columbus area banking their own yeast? I'm about to get started on a freezer bank for mine and wouldn't mind swapping samples (as soon as I verify that they are not infected).

I live up in Cleveland, but I live in the southwest. I have been storing some yeast in the fridge and will start my yeast bank soon. I live about 1.5 hrs from Columbus. I dont have too many strains right now, but I might be interested in a trade....

I have a variety that I used for an Oberon clone frozen and I will soon have WLP001 frozen as well. Next up is a Belgian yeast strain. I have to check the number on that one but I'll let you know.

I'm in Columbus and have frozen vials of Wyeast German Ale, American Ale, and Bavarian Lager.

Only have two strains available right now... WLP001 and WLP550. Will be building up my bank over the next year. Am really interested in storing using distilled water so I don't need to refrigerate or freeze the yeast. That's next up on the additional hobbies that come along with homebrewing.

I'd love to get some Wyeast strains. I'll make sure to test to make sure my samples are good before making any trades.
rsmith179: What's this about using distilled water? What effect does that have?

Latest posts

Back