College Football

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pulling for Tennessee to win, win, win baby!! All the better for Cal, go Bears!! Pac 10 football baby!! :mug:

Wow....I'm not a Notre Dame hater by any means, but DAMN is it cool to see them get stomped like this. 30-0 against Michingan right now.

I hate Charlie Weis' arrogance. Especially after his teams have looked 10 times worse than any of Ty Willingham's teams did. I mean this ND team is B-A-D.

Dude said:
Wow....I'm not a Notre Dame hater by any means, but DAMN is it cool to see them get stomped like this. 30-0 against Michingan right now.

I hate Charlie Weis' arrogance. Especially after his teams have looked 10 times worse than any of Ty Willingham's teams did. I mean this ND team is B-A-D.

I actually feel good about Mich. winning right now, seeing how poorly ND is playing. FUMBLEAYA

Absofrigginglutely. Sorry ND fans, but where the $%^##^$ is Rudy?????

Hopefully this will end ND's ridiculous affair with the BCS board. They shouldn't make it to the Meineke car care bowl. There will hopefully be one more bowl game worth watching this year.(unless watching ND emberrass themselves in a BCS bowl rout is worth watching to you)

cheezydemon said:
Who is your team and how far will they go?
Take a guess:

Kegger5.JPG

Sorry Helmy about your vols, as the SEC goes, so goes the country!! Right?? Let's hope they win out and get to he SEC championship game. :mug:

Texas A&M since I currently go there, and I don't expect them to go vary far, especially since every body goes to that other school in Tx recruiting wise.

Wisconsin has played down to the level of their competition for years, but still find ways to win. Probably the most disrespected team in the country for the last few years as well. Last year, people were saying that Florida deserved to be in the BCS Championship game because even though they played a lot of close games, the won them, and that great teams find a way to win the close games. Same doesn't seem to apply to the team with the longest current winning streak in Div 1-A (or whatever they call it now). Finished last season at #6 in the AP, return 18 starters, dropped to #7 in preseason AP, and now 3-0 and #9. Shooting for 12-0 and #18 ranking.

But seriously, they seem to get looked down upon because they play a pretty boring, run-oriented game (although they have 2 QBs in the NFL right now). Herbstreit is the worst - constantly picking them as an upset special, or like last week when he mentioned that even though U of M was 0-2 at the time, that there were other teams ready to represent the Big 10 well that were undefeated, like Iowa, Michigan St., Ohio State, Penn State, and Purdue. Hello?!?!? Forgetting someone??? The team that was the highest ranked Big 10 team at the time and was picked to finish second behind Michigan by the Big 10 coaches in the preseason.

OK, rant over. I feel better....

Oh, and Go Bearcats!!!

Uggg. The Aggies looked like a bunch of
loser.gif
s last night. Terrible game plan - Lane didn't even tough the ball until late in the 3rd Q and they won't throw down field until it's too late to make a difference. It's time to say adios to Franccioni!

Lil' Sparky said:
Uggg. The Aggies looked like a bunch of
loser.gif
s last night. Terrible game plan - Lane didn't even tough the ball until late in the 3rd Q and they won't throw down field until it's too late to make a difference. It's time to say adios to Franccioni!

A&M really does need a new coach. He has made way too many big mistakes.

We are...S U
We are...S U
We are...S U

or

Here we go Orange...Here we go

SU knocked off Louisville!!! Awww that was awesome! We suck so bad and to beat Lousville, it was fantastic. Sorry cheezydemon about you beloved Cards, but SU came in did the job.

Mulcahey's Brewing said:
We are...S U
We are...S U
We are...S U

or

SU knocked off Louisville!!! Awww that was awesome! We suck so bad and to beat Lousville, it was fantastic. Sorry cheezydemon about you beloved Cards, but SU came in did the job.

You are the most tactful and respectable gloater of all time! Thank you! Yes we suck. Everyone wanted to ignore the fact that we have a brand new coach this year(myself included), but who would have thought our defense would suck so badly? Not to take away from your win. You orange....guys played like a different team. Do we have a bulls eye on the back of our uniforms? Just checking.
At least we are still way better than Notre Dame!
(Oh no! After all my talk of tact and self control, I throw out the cheap shot! So sue me.)

Purdue Boilermakers -- looking forward to going 5 - 0 this weekend and taking Notre Dame to 0 - 5

cheezydemon said:
Y
At least we are still way better than Notre Dame!
(Oh no! After all my talk of tact and self control, I throw out the cheap shot! So sue me.)

Louisville is way better than ND!! Is ND the only team left in the BCS Div I that is winless? That makes SU better than ND! And who would have ever thought that, with the way we've played. After this win, I think we finally cracked 100 in the nation.

Louisville is still good, your offense is so dangerous, it can score at will. I love the fact that SU won, but honestly if we played Louisville 10 times this year, I'm pretty sure Louisville would win 9 of them. It must have been our day.

We'll see you guys on the basketball court!

What a BLOOD BATH in the top ten this weekend, or even more the top 5!!!!!!!!! Wow, what the #*$@ happened? Oh well, who cares Cal is #3 and totally loving it! Who knows what's going to happen now, I still say the Pac 10 is loooking pretty good right now. November 11 is starting to look like a huge showdown!! Wer'e coming for you USC!!!

Go Bears!!!

Eastside..........

I've been tailgating since 7am, I can't talk, I've been drunk, then sober, then drunk again, and now I'm sober again.... and all I can say is GEAUX TIGERS!!!

Bernie Brewer said:
Wow, Bucky is getting his a$$ handed to him today. The Badgers defense is horrible.
Personally I found bucky to be very offensive today. He hurts the image of badgers everywhere, not to mention the degrading way he jumps around and such.
I petition that you get rid of you mascot in favor of a large W, as the W may not offend as many people, but I doubt that.

Wasn't that a great game! My sunburn hurts from it though.

I see you're a glass-half-full kinda guy, BM...

Hey, and how about that Hokie defense? I've seen some nasty hits in my day, but they effin knocked the shyte outta Clemson. If only we had an offense.

Nov. 24th BierMuncher. I'm looking forward to it. I'm guessing your tigers still beat us, but I was also expecting that from the Wildcats. I don't know when KU was last ranked in football, but I'm sure it's been a while. Rock Chalk Jayhawk Baby!

I felt like I had to bump this back up to see if anybody has anything to say about my Jayhawks making it all the way up to #4 in the BCS poll.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk Baby!!!

JeepGuy said:
I felt like I had to bump this back up to see if anybody has anything to say about my Jayhawks making it all the way up to #4 in the BCS poll.

It's gonna be a good game at Arrowhead.

Sold out...

JeepGuy said:

All I can say is that they're not #1. :D

GO BUCKS!

brutus.gif

Yeah. I wish I had tickets to the game at arrowhead. It's sounding like a bunch of my friends and I may get together and tailgate anyway.

JeepGuy said:

You're not even doing it right! You have to act like you've been there, man.

You have to refer to them as your UNBEATEN Jayhawks!

You're welcome.

Ouch. The final score difference was just the 2 missed field goals and the safety that we probably wouldn't have given up had we made the field goals. Live it up BierMuncher. I'm hoping your team can bring the Big 12 a national championship now.

JeepGuy said:
Ouch. The final score difference was just the 2 missed field goals and the safety that we probably wouldn't have given up had we made the field goals. Live it up BierMuncher. I'm hoping your team can bring the Big 12 a national championship now.
Indeed....

Mizzou_Large.gif

Well, at least the Aggies beat the hell out of tu! Maybe next year the score will be...

bevo.gif

And we finally got rid of that POS Franchione. I hear they may announce Mike Sherman as the new coach today. Woot!

I thought Mizzou looked really good against Kansas. I'm rooting for them against OU. It's always good to see a Big 12 team do good and if they get to play for the national championship, I think it reaffirms how tough a conference the Big 12 really is.

ohiobrewtus said:
ESPN is reporting that Mike Sherman to A&M is a done deal.

Get used to the "Deer in Headlights" look on the sideline when you're teams behind.

Latest posts

Back