Collared Keezer List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ManCaveMan

Reaction score
Thanks for the inspiration Jeebas! On to the list...

pauljmccain -keezer-build-w-hang-over-collar-tower

_MG_9654.jpg

Electrichead - black-sunhsine-my-keezer-build-lots-pics-
DSC02995.jpg

Hawstar - my-partially-done-red-dawn-keezer
43665d1326590267-my-partially-done-red-dawn-keezer-imag0964-1.jpg

jcaudill - danby-10-2-dcfm289wdd-keezer-build-thread
6107866928_3aec4479fb_z.jpg

GroovePuppy - yet-another-keezer-build
DSC015931.JPG

Photopilot - my-collared-keezer-build
keezer-24.jpg

Wayfarer -my-keezer-collar-build
2361-finished-collar-7-8-taps-ready-use.jpg

Crabtre - my-keezer-build
20090613_Crabtree_0675.JPG

MadDwarf - found-magic-magic-chef-keezer-progress-questions
2851480863_8fe8d0c465.jpg

Changeduser123 - holiday-5-cu-feet-red-keezer
24174d1302921447-holiday-5-cu-feet-red-keezer-p1010654.jpg

nice looking keezers. i need to start planning mine out soon. but i want it to fit a 1/2 brl and a corny but have a two tap tower. i cant seem to be able to find any like that and am wondering if i would have to do a collar also and how high it will have to be.

nice looking keezers. i need to start planning mine out soon. but i want it to fit a 1/2 brl and a corny but have a two tap tower. i cant seem to be able to find any like that and am wondering if i would have to do a collar also and how high it will have to be.

Here's what I currently have. Not sure size of freezer it is, have to check when I get home, but I'm sure it'd fit a 1/2 brl and a corny. But then again, I don't know how tall a 1/2 brl is so I might be talking out my a$$. :D

photoprq.jpg

Thinking of a coffin keezer so I may have a tower for sale soon.

Why not? Here is my 14.8 Amana conversion. Of course it started out white but I sanded it down and painted it with Stainless Steel paint and added a 2" x 8" Poplar collar to match the existing trim in the basement. It passed SWMBO's inspection and was allowed in the house. It has 2 4 way manifolds so I can serve 4 and carb 4 at the same time. I can't believe this is my first post. Thanks to everyone on this site for posting so much valuable information. Every time I have a question I am able to find the answers here with a quick search. And a big thanks to Ben at Kegconnection.com for providing my kegs, CO2 tank, regulators, manifolds, beer lines, gas lines, temperature controller, shanks, and Perlick faucets. It all came preassembled and mounted in with ease.

Keezer.jpg

I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead somewhat, but is the top of the freezer really necessary? If you insulate a wooden top piece it just sounds fantastically easier to drill the tower, run lines, etc. Am I wrong?

Here is a pic of mine. It's still in progress, but is looking good so far. The collar is cedar, and I made the lid out of some tongue and groove aspen I had leftover.

image-2978769709.jpg

image-1193528599.jpg

I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead somewhat, but is the top of the freezer really necessary? If you insulate a wooden top piece it just sounds fantastically easier to drill the tower, run lines, etc. Am I wrong?

Anyone have any thoughts or experience with this. Since Byrd made this brilliant comment I have costly ideas running through my head!

The top is not necessary if you insulate the wood sufficiently. Instead of building just a collar, you'd build a collar with a top attached and then insulate it well. Then you could drill through it for a tower very easily. It has been done and shown (on here) before.

Thanks. It actually wound up matching the cedar spot on. Now I just need to figure out what I'm going to do with the sides of the freezer.

My very imperfect keezer made from a 40+ year old Citation freezer. I made a crude collar & base w/wheels out of 2x4's, sealed it to the top of the freezer, then cut veneer (crookedly) to cover it up. I painted it black, left a white stripe, and used chalkboard paint for the top front half. It works!

20140515_185054.jpg

Back