Coiling Copper Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emian

Reaction score
I want to coil 50' 1/2" refrigeration tubing for a 10g chiller. Any suggestions on what to use as a form to bend the tubing around? I just can't seem to find anything 10" or so in diameter. It needs to be something with a hole in it or hollow so that I can bend the exit upright piece first then coil around it.

Ian

Corny keg is perfect, but then you'd have to do the vertical pieces last if you're going to put them inside the coils.

Yes, good idea- it's a little smaller than 10", but that's probably OK. I could bend the vertical piece first and leave inside the keg, while I coil around it.

Thanks
Ian

BobbyM gives a very detailed and excellent video on how to do this, and bends the copper around the corny at around 2:50 in the video. Check it out. It's great to have members that take the time and effort to make videos for the rest of us.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8EolKTDZUQ&feature=PlayList&p=DD904B9BABCE723C&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - Immersion Chiller (IC) Build[/ame]

I would use short 2x4 block with a hole drilled into it to stick the tubing in to hold it and start your wrapping around the welding or gas bottles.
There is a wide choice in diameters of bottles to pick from that should fit your needs and go for it.

Latest posts

Back