CO2 Regulators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gonefishin

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I have gone through my third CO2 gas regulator in 6 or 7 years. I feel like these things are not cheap. How do yours hold up? Anyone else have issues with them? My current reg. is stuck on ten pounds and I ended up over carbing my last batch. I want to get a 4-port manifold but this would require 4 more regulators. What brands are good ones? Thanks.

That seems crazy but, knock on wood, I've used the same one for 10 years now. I just picked up a second one for a kegerator I put in my garage. I find Micromatic to sell really good quality stuff.

What brand/models have you been using?

Do you have check valves to keep beer backwash out of the regulators?

I use taprite regulators for co2. I have a bunch of them. The oldest one I bought used 7 years ago. I'd suggest a manifold with check valves. You can run a single line to a manifold and distribute from there. The pressure will be the same for all the outputs but it will allow you to run multiple kegs.

Also, is your kegerator really cold? 10 psi shouldn't over carbonate a beer unless you down around 34-35°f

Thanks for the replies. I have a 3-tap setup and would like to be able to set them at different levels. Jschein I was looking at the taprite 4-way. Do all of the taprite reg.'s have a check valve? I will try to disassemble my existing reg. and clean it. If I remember, it has a check valve but i can't find my spec.'s. My problem is the regulator shows 10 PSI but I had to have way higher actual PSI to have overcarbed to the level I did. I keep the cooler set @ +/-40 deg. Thanks again!

Back