CO2 regulator trouble

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ETCS

Reaction score
Empty CO2 tank removed and off to Airgas Inc. for an exchange. Get home, hook up the regulator to the tank....doesn't seal...after visual inspection of the O-Ring on the regulator, I don't see any damage..Can this O-ring be replaced....or is it possible the tank is the problem. I find it hard to believe that in the 1 hour that I was gone, the seal went bad....Any thoughts?

Cheers :mug:

O-Ring.jpg

Sure the o-ring can be replaced, but no it should be okay unless it got damaged somehow when you removed it from the last tank.
Is the mating surface on the new tank clean and without any damage? You might check the threads on the new tank and make sure they are clean so that the mating surfaces between the regulator and the tank are making good contact.
Good luck!

Thanks for the help. I'm going to take the regulator and the tank back to Airgas Inc. and see what the say.

Back