CO2 Regulator Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Piperlester

Reaction score
I've procured myself a regulator (not sure what type, no labels, came with some other equipment I bought used). I've set it to 20 PSI, soap/water checked all the fittings and no leaks that I've been able to see and then turned off the gas. Left it overnight (connected all the way to the QD's). Pressure dropped down to around 17 PSI. I turned the gas back on, and the pressure did not increase, nor did I hear any of the usual pressurization one would expect if there was a leak, which makes me think there's no leak.

My thoughts are this is probably a cheap Chinese regulator and belongs in the scrap yard.

Any suggestions?

I would say if your funds allow, to buy a trusted brand with a warranty. Many here, including myself, like taprite. They are a bit more expensive, but you can trust them, and if you have it long enough to wear out the diaphragm, there are rebuild kits that you can install yourself.

Pressure is a function of temperature.
If the temperature dropped, so would the pressure.

Latest posts

Back