Co2 Reg - Low Pressure Gauge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LongDukDong

Reaction score
Hello HBT!

I have a fairly new Taprite dual gauge reg that will not dispense Co2. The high pressure gauge indicates pressure in the tank, but the low pressure sits at 0 even after opening the regulator wide open. I opened the reg and took everything apart and all seemed to look "ok". I even took the low pressure gauge off the reg body and connected to co2 tank and still doesnt release Co2 from where the low pressure gauge would screw in. I dont know what else to try at this point. Anyone have any suggestions? :confused:

Thanks in Advance!

Another thought is have you checked that co2 is flowing freely from your tank? With the regulator off open the valve for a second or two. It should blow snow. I deal with compressed cylinders of all kinds and I have got in the habit of cracking the valves first to make sure I don't cram some debris into my regulator at a high pressure.

The tank blows with the reg off. Crazy thing is i took the reg apart and all looks good, put it back together and.....nothing.

Another thought is have you checked that co2 is flowing freely from your tank? With the regulator off open the valve for a second or two. It should blow snow. I deal with compressed cylinders of all kinds and I have got in the habit of cracking the valves first to make sure I don't cram some debris into my regulator at a high pressure.

The actual regulator assembly is so simple it's hard to imagine not getting something out of it by turning the pressure screw in and out to the limits - even if only a blown diaphragm.

Some regulators have a very fine filter for the incoming CO2 (eg: Taprites have a 10u filter). I wonder if you managed to somehow plug that up?

Cheers!

Back