cO2 Refill in Buffalo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

javaking

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

This goes out to all of the buffalo kegerator/beer dispenser owners. Where's the best place to get my 5 lb co2 tank refilled in Buffalo? I live in the downtown area.

Cheers!

Thank you very much! It looks like Irish carbonic is the closest location to me. I will have to stop by this week. I will update with the price once I go there.

Thanks!
:D

No problem! Is your tank up to date for a fill? I have a 3rd tank out of date and debating about getting a new hydro and fill versus swapping. I'll appreciate any info!

No problem! Is your tank up to date for a fill? I have a 3rd tank out of date and debating about getting a new hydro and fill versus swapping. I'll appreciate any info!

So I know this is a little late but I was eventually able to visit irish carbonic. It turns out that my tank was not up to date (I didn't know that they needed to be certified and I bought an old tank on craigslist) and I had a choice of getting my steel tank re-certified or swapping out for another tank. In the end it was faster to just swap the tank (they gave me another steel one) and it cost around $36. They did tell me that refills cost around $12-14 so I will definitely go back when my tank is empty.

Cheers! :mug:

Keg works would definitely be a good vendor but for my location irish carbonic is a lot closer. Also, I don't think keg works will pressure test kegs for certification and they don't do swaps (if you don't have a certified tank).

Thanks for the info! At airgas I've swapped for $15-22 for several including 2 out of date , but then each fill is close to $20. I'm thinking of just upgrading to a 20# for one of my backups and filling elsewhere too.

Thanks for the info! At airgas I've swapped for $15-22 for several including 2 out of date , but then each fill is close to $20. I'm thinking of just upgrading to a 20# for one of my backups and filling elsewhere.

So it sounds like airgas is the best price for a swap, but regular fills are cheaper at other places. Well at least now that I have a certified keg I don't have to worry about an inspection for 5 years. A 20# keg should last a long time, I only have 2 kegs so that's a little bit larger than I would ever need. Thanks for the input!

Back