co2 purifier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never heard of it. The CO2 from the supply place should be pretty pure so my vote is for the useless item. I've never seen the need.

Seems like a gimmick. I suppose if you could narrow down an off flavor due to a funky tank, you might want to install one. I'd just want a different tank.

If there are contaminants in my CO2, the welding supply company would lose all their commercial customers that use it in industrial processes. They need their gas pure.

It gets my vote for the most useless gimick of the month.:)

I be willing to bet that all it is, would be a actived charcoal (aka carbon) filter. The same thing used as a filter water. You could probably adapt a water filter and do the same thing for less money or make one yourself out of pvc and stuff it with serile cotton. Although I really don't know why you'd want to.

Put my vote in for useless gimmick. I love micromatic but I'm not on the same page with this one. I can't see the co2 tainting my brew...

SNUP - Serves No Useful Purpose

another thing to lighten your wallet that won't help anything.

But not all CO2 is CO2, wait yeah it is otherwise it isn't CO2...... I agree with Yuri, if you think it is the tank, swap that sucker out.

Back