Co2 paintball adapter not working

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentzi

Reaction score
Hey Eveyone,

So i got the CO-2-Go adapter on top of my 20 oz paintball tank, so i can hook it up the my regulator, and brink my kegs to a new years party.

I'm running into some issues:
1) i can only tighten a turn and a half, before i get resistance, and using a wrench, i can't get the adapter all the way in, so it's not pressing the pin on the tank

2) i know there is CO2 in the tank, I tried pressing on the pin with a screwdriver, and co2 came out

what are my options?

1) is there a way to lube the threads so that it slides on easily?
2) I was thinking of finding a small metal ball, or piece to put in the adapter, so when i screw it in, it presses on the pin,

3) I'm looking into remote line setup, but i don't know anything about it.

any advice?

Your threads Are either messed up or you need to lube the tank o- ring.

Sounds like poor machining. I have two of these adapters and both of mine thread fine on the regulator and the paintball tank. Never had an issue. Return it to where you got it from and try another one. If the threads are machined wrong and you try to force it you can mess up the threads on the paintball tank.

Back