CO2 line | regulator quick release?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyphaeon

Reaction score
My CO2 tank is outside my keggorator. The whole in the fridge is not large enough to pass the grey quick release through, so if I want to go elsewhere with my kegs I usually end up cutting off an inch of my CO2 supply line so that I can get it free of the regulator.

Are there any quick releases that I could use between the grey connector and the regulator? I could just get a second line and leave one 'stuck' in the fridge. These seem to exist in the paintball world...

Here is a picture that gives you a rough idea of what I have (only pic I have right now). Also, an excuse to show off my rustic '52 frigidaire with antique farm tool handles.

And yes, I am aware of how awesome my duct drip tray is. You don't need to tell me.

polyphaeons52.jpg

They have MFL disconnects/connections at all the homebrew stores.

Look at the picture in the link above, and then glance down at the swivel nuts. You need the swivel nuts, and the MFL disconnect. They just unscrew, and then can get put back on. I use those on my Beergun to connect and disconnect in a flash.

One of these

image_831.jpg

plus one of these

k107b.jpg

plus one of these

K228.JPG

with one of these

image_2333.jpg

and a hose clamp, will let you put a ball lock gas post on the end of the gas line into your fridge. Add a grey gas QD to gas tubing to your regulator, and you'll be able to disconnect the QD and take the tank (and the QD) with your keg on a picnic.

All those parts can be found on the Morebeer/Northern Brewer site...

Cheers!

Thank you all very much. day_trippr that is a cool soln with disconnects as requested. I think however I will go with the threaded approach. Thanks Yopper and tally350z!

Back