clockwise training?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jweez

Reaction score
Im a newb so bare with me.

So I just planted my hops starter plants (cascade & nugget), and i was wondering which way to train them, clockwise i know, but from what perspective? Looking down the string at the plant, or from the plants point of view? Ive seen closeups on loogle images and they have been going both ways.

Help please:confused:

thanks

As if you are looking down at the plant, so bine will go around the left of the string to the back and then from the right to the front.

Yes, clockwise looking down at plant..
Although I have a few plants that have managed to wrap themselves counter, and I don't see a difference in harvest at all..

I usually get started training them after they've started twining around themselves. It's usually very easy to see which way they like to twist.

It never ceases to amaze me how different from mine some minds work.

"From the plants point of view" is a concept that would have never entered my mind without someone mentioning it first.

thanks guys, my wife and i debated this forever last night. i had her convinced that it was from the plants point of view.....i cant let her know that she was right:D

something else thats weird...my cascade was starting to go clock wise from top view, but my nugget, one shoot was from top, and one from the plants p.o.v

We're talking about the plant twisting clockwise up a support structure?

....who cares? Let it do its thing naturally. My plants grab anything within a foot of them and start climbing. They are, literally, the easiest plant I've ever grown. I didn't even know people stress about this.

Back