Cleared cider is now cloudy????

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivalry15

Reaction score
So I racked a gallon of wlp002 onto some bourbon soaked oak and a bourbon soaked vanilla bean a few days ago. I Did not sample then.
Here are pics from yesterday and then today. It was almost perfectly clear then clouded up somehow. Any thoughts?
The oak and bean were found floating tonight when they were not earlier in the day. Could there be enough new sugar to restart a small fermentation?
Thanks for the ideas.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1452497964.817825.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1452497983.667713.jpg

Looks like new oxygen restarted fermentation. In a couple of days it should settle down.

2nd possibility is Malo-Lactic fermentation, and if so, just wait it out and the cider will be great.

Ok thanks, I was a little concerned something bad may be happening. There are definite bubbles on the vanilla bean as it floats so I believe you are right.

Back