Clean in Place?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paul_111

Reaction score
Hi All;

I'm looking at pulling the trigger on a 120v (2 circuit) single vessel 10 gal eBIAB system and have a question that may be a deal killer... How do you guys clean these systems?

I can't fit a 10 gal kettle in my sink, so disassembly after every batch isn't an option. I can't believe the more elaborate systems are torn down after every batch. Anyone care to share their clean-in-place methods they have found successful?

Thanks!
Paul

I don't BIAB, but I brew on my 3 vessel single tier eHERMS. The idea is the same, however; clean your equipment in its place by recirculating a cleaning solution and a rinse.

For my system, I just heat up about 6 gallons of water to 170F and add PBW to it. I then set up the hoses so that the solution goes through all the valves, all vessels, and both pumps. I drain the cleaning solution (save for later), and do the same cycle with hot water - about 10 gallons worth. Some amount of elbow grease is necessary after a brew day in the kettle and MLT, but the majority of my cleaning is done via CIP.

i live in an apartment so my space is very limited, but my keggles are stored in my patio locker. each one after i'm done goes to the sink, i get on a step latter and take out the false bottoms, scrub down and rinse it out...put it on it's side and rinse out fully, then turn it up side down and let it dry.
However, about every 4-5 batches, i fill it up with hot water and dump a few scoops of oxy clean in there and let it rip for a day or so, as it drains i scrub the sides... then i rinse it back out. it's pretty easy, but my system is simplistic

bathroom tub? take it outside and spray it down with a garden hose?

I spray my 10 gallon out with a hose real quick get the trub out. Then i circulate hot water and pbw through for 30 min. Then circulate hot water for 30 min. Seems to work well.

Latest posts

Back