Clawhammer Supply eBIAB Review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also just try to get it as close to flour as possible, cranking by hand got good efficiency and now I am going to bite the bullet and get a drill. Even 10-13lbs of grind by hand is a huge PITA when you are running as fine as possible.

I just got it from ups and I was impressed from just the packaging of the equipment. I unpacked it all and watched the YouTube video. The only thing I would have liked was a basics diagram on assembly. It would have made assembling a lot easier. It took about 1 hr to assemble . Now to go get some grains

I hope you enjoy it, I have had mine for 9 months now and it is performing like a champ.

Since getting this back in the Spring, I have 15 batches through the system....not one regret....and as mentioned before, the customer service is outstanding. Great people to deal with.

Brewed my first batch in the 120v system yesterday and hit the gravity levels dead on (~70% estimate). I used a generic recipe out of the Beer Smith 3 trial version and used the equipment profile from the Clawhammer website. Grain was milled once by my LHBS with whatever settings they have as default. I did have a couple foamy boilover instances with the start of the boil at 7 gallons but not horrible. I need to figure out why I had so much trub transferred to the carboy. I did whirlpool with the valves fully open, so I'm guessing that's part of it.

Any more updates? I'm looking hard at the Clawhammer, Grainfather or Unibrau.
I was going back and forth between Clawhammer and Unibraü. Unibrau having a black Friday sale that's hard to beat. I love being able to switch between 120v and 240v

Back