Clarity Ferm 5 packs - What happened?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TBBrewer

Reaction score
I have noticed that I cannot purchase Clarity Ferm in the 5 packs I used to so I emailed White Labs. Here is the email below as well as the response.

Last year at NHC I was given a single vial of Clarity Ferm. I used it and was happy with the results. I have since been buying it from my local homebrew store, Southern Brewing & Supply Tampa. Recently, they said all they could get was the single vials and could no longer get the 5 packs. I emailed a few other online homebrew supply stores and they are telling me the same thing. What happened that they are no longer able to get the 5 packs? I really liked the product and used it regularly, but not being able to get it in quantity and now buying it at a higher price point is frustrating. Please let me know if these 5 packs will be returning and also why they are no longer being offered.

Thanks,

Their responce:

Hello,

The 5ml doses were intended for clarity and not for gluten reduction. The new packaging has more of the enzyme to ensure gluten reduction.

Unfortunately the old 5 packs will not be coming back because we have upped the dosage rate on this product.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers and Happy Brewing,

Sarah Neel
Sales & Customer Service
White Labs, Inc.
Tel: (858) 527-7379 - Direct Line
(888) 593-2785 - U.S. & Canada
www.whitelabs.com

So it looks like the new single dose vials are 10 ml that they are now selling for 5 gallons when they used to sell the 5 ml vials. I do know that 5 ml worked well for clarity so it looks like we will be getting 2 doses in the new size, if you are using it for clarity. Just wanted to share what I found out today as I thought it may be of some help to some other homebrewers.

I'm not sure why they can't offer the 10ml vials in 5 packs. I hate buying a bunch of the individuals. I use it for gluten reduction, my wife has Celiacs Disease, so I use it on every batch. If I had my way they would just sell it in a star-san style bottle where I could dose it as I want and always have it on hand.

Yeah, thought it was odd as well. The price point per ml is close, so I will just have to buy more. Wish they made it more convenient.

I'm not sure why they can't offer the 10ml vials in 5 packs. I hate buying a bunch of the individuals. I use it for gluten reduction, my wife has Celiacs Disease, so I use it on every batch. If I had my way they would just sell it in a star-san style bottle where I could dose it as I want and always have it on hand.

Curious...does your wife get on ok with the Clarity Ferm-treated beer?

Back