Circle Tour Lake Michigan

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phodog

Reaction score
Doing a circle tour of Lake Michigan, and was looking for some good brew pubs or beer bars in Chicago, Milluakee, Green Bay, also hitting the UP, ( my kids at Tech) so any travel notes or interesting places/ good beers, sure would be appreciated. I live near Saginaw, and don't get out nearly enough, so I'm looking forward to my trip, Thanks in advance, Ray

In Milwaukee, we like the Milwaukee Ale House and Lakefront Brewery. They are right downtown. There are some other places out of the downtown area, but I hate to drive when I can stay downtown and walk!

Not much in the UP, except for right by Tech where there is the Library and Keweenaw Brewing. I personally don't like KBC's beers (too sweet and underattenuated for the styles) but the Library has good food and beer. Between Green Bay and Houghton, the only place I know of that has good beer is my house.

In Green bay, right on Dousman street between US 43 and US 41 is Titletown Brewing Company. Awesome food and service, a great happy hour, and the best brewpub beer I've had. The brewer's name is David, and if he's around he'll be glad to talk beer with you. They have some unusual beers for a small-ish brewpub, like steam beer. I've always loved every beer I've tried, and highly recommend this place.

Thanks Yooper Brew, I will make sure I hit all of these. About 12 years ago I was in Menominee and we went just across the border in Wisconsin to a brew pub, do you know if it is still there? Again thanks for your help, if you need anything, I'm going right past and can drop off to you. Phodog!

Green bay has titletown brewing. They have an awesome schwartzbier (sp) on tap year round that ispretty awesome. Also their attempt at the black IPA was good too. In milwaukee you need to go to the Miller brewery tour, just to see the tour. Pretty amazing stuff.

Thanks to you, too. Denny. I will get there middle of oct.

Back