Christmas present suggestions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewcarter

Reaction score
I've been interested in home brew for a while, and over the past few months I've set of four 5L batches of mead (2x JAOM, 2 similar basic recipies).

I only really have basic equipment (airlocks and a siphon) and I've used big plastic water bottles as a fermentation vessels.

I'd like to continue brewing new and different things (mainly things that you can't already buy in the shops) and my family are hassling me for christmas present ideas...

Would a glass demijohn be a worthwhile investment or am I fine to keep going for a while with the plastic bottles? Is there any other equipment that you have purchased before which has made a significant improvement to your brews?

Cheers guys,

Andrew

I've been interested in home brew for a while, and over the past few months I've set of four 5L batches of mead (2x JAOM, 2 similar basic recipies).

I only really have basic equipment (airlocks and a siphon) and I've used big plastic water bottles as a fermentation vessels.

I'd like to continue brewing new and different things (mainly things that you can't already buy in the shops) and my family are hassling me for christmas present ideas...

Would a glass demijohn be a worthwhile investment or am I fine to keep going for a while with the plastic bottles? Is there any other equipment that you have purchased before which has made a significant improvement to your brews?

Cheers guys,

Andrew

When asked i gave this list. wine bottles, 5 gallon carboy, corks, a corker, gallon chugs, a color printer and label maker, bottle brushes, sanitaztion equipment, corny keg and related carbonation equipment, gift cards to grocery store and/or lhbt, local honey (told them where to get it)
I'd say it all depends what you have what you wanna do I like making the bottles look all pretty.

When asked i gave this list. wine bottles, 5 gallon carboy, corks, a corker, gallon chugs, a color printer and label maker, bottle brushes, sanitaztion equipment, corny keg and related carbonation equipment, gift cards to grocery store and/or lhbt, local honey (told them where to get it)
I'd say it all depends what you have what you wanna do I like making the bottles look all pretty.

This +

The best piece of equipment I ever purchased for myself was a wine vacuum pump from allinonevaccum. For me it really make things easier. Just my opinion but I love mine. :mug:

Is there any other equipment that you have purchased before which has made a significant improvement to your brews?

Cheers guys,

Andrew

Well you didn't say if you're doing beer at all, but things I can't Live with out mostly in beer, but some carry over to wine/cider.

Plate chiller
Kegs and kegging system (to ferment in and serve/carbonate/fill bottles)
Oxygen regulator and stone
False bottoms
Good brew pot
Accurate thermometer
Propane burner to get a real boil

Latest posts

Back