Christmas Ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

k_state_brewer

Reaction score
I am starting my own brewing operation after assisting my brother with his AG brewing.

With that said, what are some ideas for Christmas gifts to ask for from people who will not step foot in a home brew shop to do their holiday shopping?

I am starting from scratch basically and was hoping to capitalize on the holidays to get going.

I was thinking of gifts below 60 dollars.

The only thing I can think of that someone could find at like Target is a turkey fryer pot for my brew kettle.

(Also, I can't find the great list/thread someone on here complied of everything they wished/recommended they had when they started)

I am also compiling my Xmas list and am doing it electronically. If you get it out to people now, they will have plenty of time to buy online and have it shipped.

Go to you online spot and copy the link to what you want, then paste it in a word document.

Also obtainable at any big box store is a 50Qt Cooler for your mash tun. Plus Lowes/HD/Menards gift cards. You will have plenty of DIY projects coming up :D

target: igloo icecube cooler, no wheels or drain $19.95
home depot or lowes: propane turkey fryer kit $70.00
Bargain fittings: weldless kit for keggle $19.00
lowes or home depot: gift cards in $50.00 amounts
source a keg to convert yourself, and hit up the DIY section for the how-to on making a mash tun, making that keggle, and making a simple Immersion chiller from lowes or home depot sourced parts

In no particular order, and just right off the top of my head:

1. SS pot for brewing (or whatever metal tickles your fancy)

2. Another pot for hot liquor tank

2. Burner

3. Cooler for MLT

Those are all things someone can get from Wally World, Target, Academy, Home Depot., etc. If you want to get more technical with them, you also could get lengths of copper tubing, fittings, tools, or other stuff for building or working on a brewing rig.

TL

I was thinking of starting a similar thread. Here is what I currently have:
  • 32qt SS kettle
  • 8qt SS kettle (for PMs and Spaghetti)
  • Bucket fermenter w/ bottling valve
  • Propane burner
  • Hydrometer & tube
  • Siphon hose & spring tip bottle filler
  • 36 bombers (22oz bottles)
  • Capper
  • 3 piece airlock
  • Grain bag
  • Digital scale
  • Thermometer that came with 32qt kettle (turkey fryer kit)

If this was all you had, what else would you buy/ask for?

So far I've been thinking:
  • Gift cards or cash for a 7cf deep freeze for a fermenting chamber
  • Temp Controller (this one, cause its too warm here to ever need to heat the fermenter: http://www.williamsbrewing.com/CONT...serID=3014238&jsessionid=d8309efa26274d3b1e7c )
  • Better bottles (5 gal or 6 gal, which is better??)
  • Immersion chiller
  • Floating thermometer(s)
  • Keg system with a refurbed corny (though there's probably more important stuff that I should get first)

What else?

Back